Little Debbie Fall treats and snacks are now available in stores! Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I love all things that scream autumn. From pumpkins to apples, cinnamon sticks to cloves, and orange to red foliage; these things inspire me the most!
Little Debbie Brownie Pumpkins are in stores and the moment I saw them, I knew what to make! My girls love crafting and getting their hands on any kind of creative activity. I thought it would be fun to turn these tasty, little pumpkin brownies into a build-your-own scarecrow pop. Fun, artsy, and sure to keep your little ones busy for a bit. These also make great centerpieces for the fall dinner table.
My Scarecrow Pops are made of rice cereal treats, fruit leather, shredded wheat cereal, melted chocolate, and Little Debbie Brownie Pumpkins.
- Bamboo Skewers (1 per pop)
- Little Debbie Brownie Pumpkins (1 per pop)
- Rice cereal treats (store-bought or homemade)
- Fruit Leather (2 serving rolls per scarecrow)
- Shredded wheat cereal ( 3-4 pieces per scarecrow)
- Melted chocolate ( 1/3 cup chocolate chips, melted in microwave)
- Lay rice cereal treat in front of you and cut a 3" rectangle for the shirt.
- Remove top sides of the rectangle at an angle to represent shoulders.
- Slide bamboo stick through the center of cut rectangle.
- Cut another small 3" rectangle from rice cereal treats and slice out a triangle at the bottom.
- This forms the legs. Slide onto bamboo skewer.
- Lay fruit leather on top of rice cereal treat cut outs.
- Rub with hand to get the fruit leather to stick.
- Using clean scissors, cut along sides of fruit leather to cover front of scarecrow's body.
Cut another 3" rectangle from rice cereal treats and lay horizontally.
Cut the ends off of the rectangle forming 2 small triangles and one larger (in the center).
- Push a small piece of bamboo skewer into a small triangle's short side and slide into the body of the scarecrow.
- Do the same for the other piece.
- Lay fruit leather on each arm, rubbing with fingers to secure.
- Use clean scissors to cut to size.
- Using small pieces of a bamboo skewer, slide into the longer, flat side.
- Slide skewer into each leg for a shoe.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and place in a sealed plastic baggie.
- Snip of tip of one of the ends.
- Squeeze chocolate onto each shoe and spread using a toothpick or butter knife.
- Pipe a belt of chocolate and patches on pants, as well as the scarecrow's shirt.
- Crush shredded wheat cereal with your hand and sprinkle on wet chocolate to look like straw.
- Unwrap a Little Debbie Brownie Pumpkin and slide onto the top of the bamboo skewer.
- Squeeze more chocolate on top of the head and sprinkle more shredded wheat.
Secure "neck" with a dollop of melted chocolate and wrap fruit leather around the neck to look like a handkerchief.